Suit pants and long hours

Yes I know I know. My posts are scarce as a hen's teeth but don't worry I will try to write as much as I possibly can. I am still trying to find this work life balance thing that everyone is talking about. But not to worry, it will come with time.

Its been more than a month since I have stepped in to the world of suit pants and long hours. I have learnt a few tit bits that I thought could be used by most of us with .. basically a life.

1. Everyone says it but, mate could not say it enough- Make MISTAKES! I made one crucial error first two weeks in to the job (yes worse than poop) but hey now I wont do it again. This is the only way to truly learn.

2. Work with friends not with co-workers- Its tough I know and sometimes you have to draw the line. But its much more easier to ask a favor from a friend than a duty from a co-worker.

3. Ask questions, questions and more questions! - Its ok to be a pain in the royal buttocks!

4. You will be dead weight till your team can let you go to fly on your own. This is a part of life. Deal with it.

5. You know what happened to the little duckling to tried to cross the road on its own?

.........Yea I don't either. But if it happened in Sri Lanka, it definitely got run over by a bus or a three-wheeler. So go with the team.


Many people asked about my job. I don't know what else to say other than that, now I know why all the nuts arn't on trees.
,
They are all in our office :)












Comments

  1. You are right about asking questions, sometimes we try to figure out things on our own because we are too proud to ask or want to prove we are smart, but it leads to a lot of mistakes or re-doing other people's mistakes, it can save you a lot of time to just ask questions! Good tips Sachie

    ReplyDelete
  2. On No.2. Co-workers are co-workers.Friends are only available after 9-5 or 12 in our case :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who decides "Ugly"?

No, I dont know!