In your face TV shows from Britain

I was in England for a couple of days, when I noticed something that I have never noticed before. The TV shows are full of sarcasm and rude comments! I mean not like joking around rude, like YOU ARE A WASTE OF SPACE IN THIS WORLD rude, in front of millions of people. The reality shows specially had participants who went completely bonkers!

From drama to reality its all the same. Don't believe me? Here is an episode of Apprentice UK. As professional as it gets... no not really.
http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtech01#p/c/5BFC95AA50462905/6/0CjF8Mf-65g

So I wonder when British producers create TV shows here (Gordon Ramsey with Hells Kitchen and Simon Cowell with American Idol) are they aware of this? Yes they have the reputation of being "ruthless" on national TV in the US but I don't think its considered ruthless on British TV.

Look at Pierce Morgan, Simon Cowell and Gordon Ramsey. What do they have in common: all British and sarcastic. In American standards quite ruthless. But I thought they were the prim, proper and well mannered nation?

Here is a cool article on BBC on this http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/759276.stm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suit pants and long hours

Who decides "Ugly"?

No, I dont know!