there is a first for everything

Here I am writing the first blog entry ever. Just a couple of years ago, I promised my self that I would never get a blog. It was the thing that eveyrone did to be someone. I did not want to be that person who went along with the crowd.
Well, after taking my foot out of my mouth, I was told by many many professionals in my field that I would not  be able to survive this industry with out a blog. I wanted to look in to this more. Why is it so important now to have a blog?
Hanns Kullin thinks that blogging for him is a way of expressing him self, and being able to have a deep understanding of those sudden thoughts that you have late at night.  He says it also has a social impact. The fact that he now has the chance to connect with from across the world and share an opinion, is profound.
I asked a college student, someone like me why he blogs. He says "just because I like to write". Then I asked him "Do you care about who reads it?". He said "Well now I do, before I just wrote"
I have a feeling this blogging this is just another medium of self expression. Its funny to see how humans need to express them selves so much. Facebook, Twitter, My Space all gives a platform for people to be who they really are, or who they fantasize to be. It maybe is liberating to people, to have the freedom to write whatever they want and let it all out.
Now that I think about it, this may be a  wonderful way of therapy for people who are suppressed by cultural traditions and norms. My personal background is very traditional and strict culture. I would think this kind of method would let people let out their frustrations and anger. Our society would be a better place with people with less worries and frustrations in their mind. This way people would not be judged for what they believe in.
There.. I have a goal.. To make a difference.
To have my people start blogging  

Comments

  1. Sachie, more than self expression, I think blogging is about self development. Writing solidifies your passions and goals into words. The same passions and goals that you are aware of vaguely in your mind become more concrete. From there it becomes much easier to develop a plan.

    If you think of it as therapy (as much as I'd like, I wouldn't say that writing is therapeutic for everyone), then yes, the first few times you do it, anger and frustration might be the first things to come out, but eventually, you'll discover more important things about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To have my ppl blogging????
    who are these ppl that ur referring to?
    for every one back here this is some thing very new... so it might take awhile till this comes in in this part of the world....

    but as you say i think it might work. but is it a good source of emotion express ,,, i really don't think its the most practical but it might just work....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess i like this whole new idea about blogging.. i honestly had no idea before but i enjoyed reading your bloggs. This is when i kinda figured out this whole thing...

    The fact that you can simply write anything will obviously result in expressing your self in terms of your own style is what got me to read this.
    I suppose eventually all these complicating facts of this so called amazing life will ease out and you will also be able to develop your self.
    I would agree mehul ones writing might not be perfect at the very beginning, but with time one will come to know things which one might have not had an idea about before. Or say in simpler terms open up and discover things of your own...

    May be it might just make a whole new difference and add some weight to ones life...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Suit pants and long hours

Who decides "Ugly"?

No, I dont know!