So its Valentines Day...

Today is the V day.. much awaited by Hallmark and 1-800-flowers.com (check out this article about stock worth of some of these companies)  -  as they have the best growth in net income during this weekend. Yesterday, my friends and I had the conversation of the V day. They all happen to be guys and concluded unanimously that valentines day is "overrated". So I had to research to see what really people think...

Most say it depends on what you want to do. People like the fact that they have an excuse to say "hey sorry I'm not coming to the meeting tonight, its valentines day and I'm going out with my wife" or better yet "hey honey, its valentines day could you please get that toilet fixed!" (this is actually a true story- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/chat/r/t-10228458/index.html)

You know what I think? I think that if you want to stay home with your friends and watch a movie that's still cool. If you want to just give a flower that you picked up from the front of the house to your special one, that's still cool. As a woman I would be happy if I just got a post it saying - HVD (this is the term used in most FB statuses : yeah go figure! )

Here is a great article about Taxes and Valentines Day Here- understand the impact of taxes in your love life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suit pants and long hours

Who decides "Ugly"?

No, I dont know!